Activitats del centre
The city project in the 5th Level
Students in this course have done a project about the city, we’ve started with a community map to learn spatial concepts such as identity, location, and symbols. They have been given opportunities to practice with maps of familiar places, like a community.
- Name two streets that have a lot of houses.
- Which is the internet cafe symbol?
- This community has one bank. Find the bank on the map.
- Find the post office. Where is it located?
- Find the police station. Between what types of buildings is it located?
- In what direction would you travel to get from the post office to the farm?
Then they have imagined a city, drawn it with all the streets, squares, buildings….and practice some directions. Each group has chosen one place to go and have described the directions to the rest. All the pupils one by one has to read the directions fill in a grid and find out where is the place described. At the last sessions the solutions are checked and we evaluate which group has given good directions and which problems have they found to understand the writings.
Clica sobre la imatge per visualitzar més fotos.